We are living an increasingly hectic and sedentary lifestyle and this is having an impact on our health and musculoskeletal system, leading to preventable chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and stroke.
Here are top 5 ways to fit in more movements daily that we often recommend to our patients.
- Use the stairs. Take a flight of stairs instead of the escalator to increase your heart rate.
- Lunctime walk. Pack a lunch on the go. You’ll be surprised at how much more fresher you’ll feel after a quick and easy lunchtime stroll.
- Go for 10 minutes moderate intensity workouts. A daily 10 minutes light jog can do wonders to increase your metabolism.
- Ditch the car. If you are heading down to somewhere local, walk there instead of drive.
- Take a break from sitting every hour. Stand up, move around, and stretch it out for every hour you spend in front of your computer.